Step 1: In-Home Consultation
- During the in-home visit we get to see the area we will be remodeling and further discuss your project.
- Continue getting to know each other, what is important to you, and gather as much information as possible in terms of design and scope of work.
- Together we will decide if we can create a fixed cost proposal without designing the project in detail and making all of the product selections needed.
- Have a more in-depth discussion about what you are looking for in the contractor you want to work with. We will also discuss and confirm the project budget range options to determine your interest in moving forward with the design process.
- We will also discuss with you the next step if you choose to go forward, which is to sign our Construction Services agreement.
- At the end of this meeting if we both confident about working together, Morgan and Sons will prepare a Construction Services agreement for your project.
Step 2: Construction Services Agreement
- Review your Construction Services agreement, which includes a basic description of the steps and phases of the process, as well as an estimated budget range of your proposed project.
- Agree Morgan and Sons is the right contractor for your project and that you are ready to move forward.
- Sign the Construction Services agreement and provide the design retainer for the project.
Step 3: Design & Planning
Upon acceptance of the Construction Services agreement and payment of the required design retainer, we will begin the detailed design work which includes:
- Gather all required information for your project.
- Further development of the design and final project concept drawings.
- Assistance with product and material selections.
- Create the detailed specifications for your project.
Step 4: Production/Construction
Once plans, specifications, and material selections are complete, a fixed price Massachusetts HIC compliant construction contract is finalized. Your initial design retainer is applied towards the contract and the initial deposit is collected. Upon finalizing the contract, Morgan and Sons will complete the following:
- Complete the plans as needed for construction and for permit application.
- Take care of the building permit application process. Morgan and Sons will apply for all permits required.
- Produce a detailed construction schedule using our project management software.
- Have a pre-construction meeting to review the project one more time, discuss what to expect and answer any of your questions.
- Construction of your project will be overseen by our NARI Certified Production Manager and completed using our Lead Carpenter system.
- Hold weekly project update walk-through meetings.
We hope to earn your referrals through superior performance by every member of our team.
Step 5: Post-Construction
- Together we will do a project pre-completion walk through to identify and agree on any remaining details required to call your project complete.
- Once complete project completion documents are signed.
- After construction is complete, your warranty period will begin.
- We supply you with a project packet which includes project warranty and care information for all of your materials.
- We will then ask you if we have earned the right to be referred to others by you.
- We will also ask if you would help us by providing a written testimonial or review.